An easy solution to securing application development jobs
Senior IT Project Manager #13258
Location : Bellevue
Job # : 13258
At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of
service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead!
Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Puget Sound Energy's IT Project Management Office is looking for a Senior IT Project Manager to join our team. This role
will manage the overall coordination, status reporting, financials, schedules and stability of project-oriented work efforts,
ensuring that project goals and objectives are met within agreed-upon time, scope and resource requirements. This role will
coordinate work performed by IT staff and internal customers/partners by defining project requirements, and performing
feasibility and needs/impact assessments. We need someone who can independently develop detailed project plans and
manage all implementation processes including resource allocation, vendor/procurement management, risk management,
progress tracking, monitoring change control process, testing, documentation, training and on-time delivery within budget
constraints. This person will also coordinate elements of communication and change/process management related to project
outcomes across the organization as appropriate. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of project and
software development methodologies and processes. We are looking for an experienced IT PM with strong leadership and
entrepreneurial skills with a proven track record of delivering projects that drive positive business value.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and
the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided
with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive
compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid
retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a
career with Puget Sound Energy!
• Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• Strong familiarity with project management software, including MS Project.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Strong team leadership and facilitation skills required.
• Solid understanding of project management tools and methodologies, and ability to develop and manage project plans and
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including excellent presentation skills.
• Real time systems project implementation experience.
• Financial implementation project experience.
• Utility industry project experience, preferably Electricity or Gas.
• IT infrastructure project implementation experience.