Backend Java Developer IV
- This is a hands-on enterprise Java/J2EE development position, whose responsbilities include:
- Participate in coding tasks on large projects to stay familiar with the code.
- Collaborate with Architecture in Planning stage on architectural design of projects.
- Provide development estimates based on the high-level requirements, completing Scope Estimate Template.
- Take full ownership of project and iterate with Product Manager until PRD is signed off.
- Own product design and documenting design while working with Architect sponsor and cross-functional project team.
- Stay abreast of design standards and incorporate into product design.
- Identify the need for performance testing early in a project and identify the potential performance impact caused by the new features in the project. Work with load and performance team to ensure impact stays within expected bounds, if needed by doing performance tests earlier in project lifecycle. Use performance analysis tools as needed to trace performance/resource bottlenecks in project code.
- Facilitate code reviews, ensuring they happen in construction phase prior to code complete.
- Ensure unit test coverage metrics are met and nightly builds succeed.
- Ensure team is performing continuous automated builds and unit testing during development as well as adding/maintaining unit test suite, with the goal of ensuring a high level of code quality as code enters the QA phase.
- Manage the project bug queue and ensure QA has a working test environment, resolving issues as necessary.
- Work cross-functionally with other department leads to ensure communication and maximum efficiency. Review other department artifacts such as x-functional estimates, QA Test Plan, PMO Project Plan, and REG deployment plans to ensure efficiencies and cross-team accountability.
- Provide work leadership to others, ensuring comprehensive task breakdowns and accurate estimates.
- Provide work status to Project and Development Managers and escalates issues on a timely basis, often resolving issues independently.
- Work with NOC to resolve post production issues coming from a release expeditiously
- Lead medium to large-sized development projects that follow an SDLC methodology.
- At least 5 years hands on server-side java/j2ee development experience.
- Highly proficient with Java/J2EE (preferably Jboss)
- Experience with Spring/Hibernate/ActiveMQ/Oracle
- Extensive experience with object-oriented programming
- Prefer proven experience developing transactional, eCommerce, hosted web applications
- Experience with performance tuning and analysis tools.
- Strong communication and teamwork required.
- Responsibilities that the resource will be responsible for?
- Collaborate with Architecture and Development leads on the design of projects.
- Deliver features with high quality through important software development processes like continuous integration and code-reviews.
- Collaborate with development leads to manage feature and bug queues.
- Assist with product design and documenting design.
- Work in a fast paced, agile environment, collaborating with peers from around the world.
- Understand, absorb and evangelize good software engineering practices, always be learning and help be the best engineering team.
Can you describe the team culture in your department?
- Collaborative, fast moving and fun.
What are the three must have skills you are looking for?
- Java; J2EE; Spring and Hibernate
What are the soft skills that you believe candidates must possess to be successful in this position?
- Strong communication and teamwork required
Aditi Consulting LLC, an MBE Staffing and Consulting firm, have been recognized as Top Diversity Staffing firm 4 years in a row by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA). Aditi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. To know more about what our employees and consultants have to say about us, visit our Glassdoor and YouTube Page