Cloud Project-Systems Platform Administrator
Duration: 4-5+ Months Contact
Location: Rocklin, CA
Job Profile - External Compute PaaS
Position: System/Platform Administrator - LCM
Looking for multi-talented System/Platform Administrator with expert level experience in supporting systems and applications built on a mix of Oracle and Open Source technologies. As a contributing member of a globally distributed team, you will be responsible for the support of Cloud Services across various PaaS portfolios. This is a unique, ground floor opportunity to work on cutting edge platforms to support the growing Cloud Services.
• Collaborate with Product Development and other operational teams to define production PaaS Service deployment standards and drive standardization across operations.
• In depth hands-on systems experience with Linux O/S, Weblogic application servers, HTTP servers and DB servers.
• Work with Development, Release Management, Service Delivery Managers and other Cloud Operations teams on Life Cycle Management (LCM) processes and tools to on-board new and upgrade existing PaaS Services.
• Work with Security, Server, Network and Monitoring Operations teams to integrate PaaS services into Public Cloud production environments.
• Train Run-time Management teams (RTM) on new External Compute Service deployment architectures and associated operational monitoring and management tools, including Enterprise Manager (EM), Logstash/Kibana and Real User Experience Insight (RUEI)
• Provide L2 run-time management (RTM) support for customer Service Request (SR) escalations.
7+ years of senior technical expertise in Linux system administration and scripting
• 5+ years of senior technical experience supporting complex production virtualized infrastructure environments
• 5+ years of senior technical experience with Weblogic application servers and WLST scripting
• Strong working knowledge with networking firewall and load-balancing configuration experience a plus.
• Working knowledge of Oracle HTTP Servers (OHS) servers a plus
• Detailed troubleshooting skills to investigate system performance bottlenecks and bugs.
• Technical skills and knowledge that extends across Application / Server / Storage / Network technologies to troubleshoot and provide system level guidance/solutions.
• Strong communication and documentation skills to interface across breadth of Development, QA, CloudQA and other Cloud Operations technical teams and management.
• Hands on experience in translating capacity requirements into Infrastructure deployment topology, with experience in sizing, capacity planning a plus.
• Attention to detail.
• Must be a self-starter, with a strong attention to details.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Willingness to learn new technologies.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Experience in installing, configuring and managing layered cloud technologies:
o Operating system (Linux)
o Application Servers (Weblogics)
o Database Servers (Oracle RDBMS, MySQL).
• Certification(s) on Linux/Unix administration in any distribution.
• Experience with automated IaaS and PaaS deployments
• Ability to code and script
• Strong experience with systems troubleshooting
• Experience with frequent, incremental and continuous code testing (CI) and deployment (CD) processes and tools (Idoru, Artifactory, Hudson, Selenium)
• Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders