Systems Administrator IV
Reporting to the Manager of Collaboration Infrastructure team, this position's primary responsibility is to help maintain and administer global web collaboration, visual communications and messaging infrastructure. In addition, this position will help drive new adoptions of new technology and implement Global IT Collaboration systems to ensure uptime and daily delivery of according to defined SLAs and domain security best practices. This position will require experience and working knowledge of a broad set of collaboration technologies including Microsoft Lync 2013, email platform including Exchange 2010, Video Systems/Endpoints (Polycom DMA/RMX, Cisco VCS, Crestron, ClearSea, Lifesize & Polycom VC Endpoints), Box/Cloud Solutions and MDM solutions. Operational portion of the role will require systems configuration and documentation, software installation and upgrades, technical support and troubleshooting, hardware builds and standards definition, new features implementation as well as assess systems utilization and performance tuning. A desired candidate will be able to define problems to solve in order to improve employee efficiency when using different set of collaboration tools: Employees should be able to easily contact, communicate, and collaborate across functional and geographic boundaries in an intuitive fashion regardless of the content or set of tools. Eliminate current friction points, influence diverse teams to deliver results.
This position will work with the various application teams to better understand application requirements related to collaboration and making recommendations and implementing support processes.
Help manage corporate audio/visual communication and collaboration environment in a 7x24x52 worldwide infrastructure with multiple physical sites.
• 10+ years of experience with administration of Windows systems. In that time, demonstrable experience in the full spectrum of standard administrative tasks such as server builds, applying security best practices and the planning and execution of large scale deployments of new hardware and applications.
• 5+ years of Video Conferencing Infrastructure experience managing and deploying Polycom DMA/RMX or Cisco MCU/VCS.
• 5+ years of Microsoft Exchange 2010 experience in a multi-site deployment.
• 3+ years of Microsoft OCS/Lync experience in a clustered enterprise environment (minimum 10,000 active users) with mobile support experience such as Android and iPhone devices. Also with experience of Lync Enterprise Voice deployment.
• 3+ years of experience of mail relay servers such as Ironports.
• 3+ years of deploying and supporting web conferencing solutions (WebEx, Adobe Connect, Lync).
• 3+ years of LifeSize video conferencing codec support or similar full room visual communication technology and related support hardware to conduct video and audio conferences.
• Deep understanding of collaboration protocols such as, TCP, UDP, SIP, POP, IMAP, MAPI, SCCP, QoS, H.323, G.711, H.264 and SVC.
• Proven troubleshooting skills (escalation and Tier 3 support) and ability to understand complex relationships between components of multi-tiered and distributed mail systems.
• Proficiency with troubleshooting Collaboration problems that flow through load balancers such as BigIP F5, Palo Alto firewalls and Cisco networking equipment.
• Establish and follow policies and change procedures for infrastructure administration.
• Establish and follow best practices for enterprise monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance.
• Provide 7x24x52 operational support and maintenance for the technical environment and associated sub-systems.
• Work with key business users to understand the business requirements and potential collaboration solutions within the current architecture.
• Proactively identify potential production issue and recommend and implement solutions
• Work on daily ticket submittals to tier 3 from end users for support and resolution
• Act as the escalation point for all lower level support issues and be able to perform support and follow through to resolution for local issues affecting the business.
• Participate in projects driven from the Collaboration team lead and be a representative for the global Collaboration team for local support.
• Assess and perform systems utilization and headroom reports to assist in troubleshooting and performance tuning.
• Create and maintain detailed systems documentation and post to shares for team information sharing
• Basic Qualifications
• Experience in a user-focused technical-support Tier 3 environment.
• Ability to perform 7x24 on-call duty on a rotational basis with other team members
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers and management
• Ability to think logically and analyze application and business process requirements.
• Exhibits leadership qualities and strong procedural and architectural documentation skills
• Experience in a user-focused technical-support environment
• Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, high-pressure, fast-paced environment
• Self-driven and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
AWF Team Questions
Q1) Project/Assignment: Describe the project they will be working on? (If you’ve already described the assignment, perhaps add some selling points for working with the team that would be appealing for an incoming candidate)
• In addition to operational responsibilities, the candidate will be responsible for projects related to making our server infrastructure more security compliant.
Q2) Top Requirements: What are the Top Three Skills needed to perform this role/job? (though skills/qualifications may already be mentioned, it always helps to narrow it down to the top non-negotiable skills that you’ll need to see in order to move a resume further in the process)
• Microsoft Windows Systems administration
• Microsoft Collaboration Apps administration such as Exchange, office 365, Polycom and Skype for Business.
• Skype for Business in o365
Q3) Preferred/Ideal: Any preferred technical skills, business skills or soft skills that you might want to see in an IDEAL candidate that are not already mentioned?
• Excellent Communication Skills – This candidate will be required to collaborate with internal team members, cross functional team members as well as customers.
• Project Management Skills – This candidate will be assigned project deliverables and be expected to drive them to completion.
Q4) Day to Day: What would the typical work day look like for this contractor (what are they responsible for)?
Q5) Previous industry background/experience: Any technology companies or a particular industry background that you would like them to come from?
• An corporate information technology background.
Aditi Consulting LLC, an MBE Staffing and Consulting firm, have been recognized as Top Diversity Staffing firm 4 years in a row by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA). Aditi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. To know more about what our employees and consultants have to say about us, visit our Glassdoor and YouTube Page