Cloud Project-Systems Platform Administrator
Job Reference: 17-05906
Position: Cloud Project-Systems Platform Administrator
Duration: 4-5+ Months Contact
Location: Rocklin, CA
Job Profile - External Compute PaaS
Position: System/Platform Administrator - LCM
Looking for multi-talented System/Platform Administrator with expert level experience in supporting systems and applications built on a mix of Oracle and Open Source technologies. As a contributing member of a globally distributed team, you will be responsible for the support of Cloud Services across various PaaS portfolios. This is a unique, ground floor opportunity to work on cutting edge platforms to support the growing Cloud Services.
• Collaborate with Product Development and other operational teams to define production PaaS Service deployment standards and drive standardization across operations.
• In depth hands-on systems experience with Linux O/S, Weblogic application servers, HTTP servers and DB servers.
• Work with Development, Release Management, Service Delivery Managers and other Cloud Operations teams on Life Cycle Management (LCM) processes and tools to on-board new and upgrade existing PaaS Services.
• Work with Security, Server, Network and Monitoring Operations teams to integrate PaaS services into Public Cloud production environments.
• Train Run-time Management teams (RTM) on new External Compute Service deployment architectures and associated operational monitoring and management tools, including Enterprise Manager (EM), Logstash/Kibana and Real User Experience Insight (RUEI)
• Provide L2 run-time management (RTM) support for customer Service Request (SR) escalations.
7+ years of senior technical expertise in Linux system administration and scripting
• 5+ years of senior technical experience supporting complex production virtualized infrastructure environments
• 5+ years of senior technical experience with Weblogic application servers and WLST scripting
• Strong working knowledge with networking firewall and load-balancing configuration experience a plus.
• Working knowledge of Oracle HTTP Servers (OHS) servers a plus
• Detailed troubleshooting skills to investigate system performance bottlenecks and bugs.
• Technical skills and knowledge that extends across Application / Server / Storage / Network technologies to troubleshoot and provide system level guidance/solutions.
• Strong communication and documentation skills to interface across breadth of Development, QA, CloudQA and other Cloud Operations technical teams and management.
• Hands on experience in translating capacity requirements into Infrastructure deployment topology, with experience in sizing, capacity planning a plus.
• Attention to detail.
• Must be a self-starter, with a strong attention to details.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Willingness to learn new technologies.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Experience in installing, configuring and managing layered cloud technologies:
o Operating system (Linux)
o Application Servers (Weblogics)
o Database Servers (Oracle RDBMS, MySQL).
• Certification(s) on Linux/Unix administration in any distribution.
• Experience with automated IaaS and PaaS deployments
• Ability to code and script
• Strong experience with systems troubleshooting
• Experience with frequent, incremental and continuous code testing (CI) and deployment (CD) processes and tools (Idoru, Artifactory, Hudson, Selenium)
• Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
Apply for this job
PC Technician Intermediate
Job Reference: 17-05901
Job Title : Software Engineer V
Contract Duration : 05 Months (Extension and conversion possibilities)
Location : San Francisco, CA - 94105
Designs, develops, tests, and evaluates software and systems that enable computers to perform their applications, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. Requires a degree in software engineering design and development. Excludes paraprofessional positions.: Researches, designs, and develops computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Consults with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of overall system. Formulates and designs software system, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design. Develops and directs software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation. Consults with customer concerning maintenance of software system. May coordinate installation of software system.
Team: Uses Scrum Methodology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 6 years of experience building high performance backend application
- Expert programmer in Scala or Java
- Experience working with Big Data technologies such as Google Cloud BigTable, Hadoop, or similar.
- Experience using Machine Learning to refine results without the need for explicit programming
- Experience in Unix/Linux commands/scripting, Docker, and git (or other SCM) highly desirable
- Cloud experience a plus (GCP, AWS, etc)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Highly motivated, life-time learner, passionate about delivering quality product
All backend database work
Does not have QA so this person will do testing
Skills: Scala preferred, if not Java is ok
Experienced with databases
Aditi Consulting LLC, an MBE Staffing and Consulting firm, have been recognized as Top Diversity Staffing firm 4 years in a row by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA). Aditi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. To know more about what our employees and consultants have to say about us, visit our Glassdoor
Apply for this job
Data Center/Systems Administrator - I
Job Reference: 17-05899
Job Reference: 17-05892
Administrative Assistant 2
Job Reference: 17-05870
Technical Program Manager, Media Partnerships
Job Reference: 17-05867
Cloud Project-Data Center Technician
Job Reference: 17-05862
Cloud Project-Systems Platform Administrator LCM
Job Reference: 17-05822
Job Reference: 17-05785
Executive Assistant II
Job Reference: 17-05761