- The ideal candidate will be a team contributor, providing high efficiency and proactive support, and can adjust direction in response to shifting priorities.
- He or she must be able to respond to senior colleagues in a professional manner, and can accommodate different working styles and prioritize their own work.
- This position offers a variety of primary administrative functions, as well as the responsibility of having frequent external contact with all levels of the academic community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the lab’s Visitors Program, ensuring our hundreds of annual visitors have a positive arrival, on-boarding and exit experience, including but not limited to:
- Ensure that all appropriate paperwork, documentation and space is in order prior to their arrival, and that all departure preparation is completed in a timely manner.
- Serve as the group contact person and answer basic questions related to the group’s function.
- Greet incoming visitors and announce them to their host.
- Manage the securing & distribution of both physical and network access credentials for incoming visitors.
- Maintain the lab’s Events and Visitors’ Calendar.
- Group Support & Event Support
- Handle all standing and ad-hoc catering orders for internal and external lab events.
- Process logistics for short-term employee and contingent staff hires and exits.
- For events and meetings, partner with the campus employee services team to ensure appropriate room set up; before and during event, direct attendees to appropriate location.
- Dispatch work orders to the facilities management staff.
- Order and manage supplies; move equipment and manage inventory in storeroom.
- Coordinate space and/or move management, including working with internal moving company to schedule individual or small group moves.
- Successfully handle ad hoc special projects, such as: creating visitor packages, plan and execute logistics for events, assist with intern program execution, manage follow-up and completion of various administrative projects.
Top Required Skills:
- Excel – Intermediate to Expert. Knowledgeable with Pulling reports in excel, Nice to have: Pivot tables and v-lookup experience
- At least 3+ years of experience in Coordinating/Admin experience from a large firm. Does not have to be from Tech environment but must be fast paced and a larger company.
- Previous experience interacting with researchers or stake holders (at a high level). Must have experience communicating a message in email effectively and efficiently. The emails this person will be using are already made up as templates. They will be speaking with tenured researchers and employees