Software Systems Engineer - IV (Wireless IT)
• As a member of the Internet Applications team, the candidate should have proficiency in design and implementation of infrastructure from specifications, configuration and deployment of applications, connecting to back-end resources, and advanced troubleshooting of moderately complex software applications. This role requires the candidate to be highly flexible in hours of work because of its customer-facing, highly available infrastructure necessity.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deployment, administration and operational support of (production, staging, test and development) environments for multiple projects using WebSphere and/or Weblogic Application Server and web server technologies.
• Under general direction, devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems.
Coordinate with multiple groups on identifying/fixing the issues.
Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications server activities.
• Open tickets for the pending issues and follow-up and document for the future issue reference.
• Monitor application server performance and respond appropriately.
• Monitors systems capacity and performance, plans and executes disaster recovery procedures, and provides Tier 2 technical support.
• Provides high level written communications to upper management regarding production issues.
• Identify, escalate and document production impact issues for the environment to confirmed delivery for client and business notification.
• B.S. Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering, M.S. or relevant experience required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Preferred experience in Reactive frameworks like Play & Akka.
Must have Skills:
• 3-5 years experience with Web-based applications, SOA (Services Oriented Architectures) and leading J2EE application server technologies like Weblogic, Websphere etc.
• 3+ years hands-on experience with Solaris, Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu), in bare-metal and Cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, OpenStack).
• Atleast 2 years experience in MicroServices implementation using Netflix OSS stack.
Proficiency in high level script languages (Python preferred) as well as script environments like bash
• Experience with DevOps workflow automation (Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet (optional), stash, Artifactory)
• Experience with Unix system administration and TCP/IP networking.
• Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with DevOps Monitoring solutions (Dynatrace, CA Wily)
• Experience with Atlassian tools like JIRA, Confluence, Stash
• Experience with NoSQL DB solutions like MongoDB & Cassandra
• Experience with Search technologies like Elastic Search
• Good Communication, Problem Solving, Team Player, Multitasking
Aditi Consulting LLC
Aditi Consulting LLC, an MBE Staffing and Consulting firm, have been recognized as Top Diversity Staffing firm 4 years in a row by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA). Aditi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. To know more about what our employees and consultants have to say about us, visit our Glassdoor and YouTube Page