Cloud Project-Systems Platform Administrator LCM
Location: Redwood Shores, CA 94065
Duration: 4+ Months Contact
PaaS Operations group is looking for talented Cloud Operations Engineers with expert level experience in supporting systems built on a mix of Oracle and Openstack technologies. As a contributing member of a globally distributed team, you will be responsible for the deployment and support of internally developed services/applications supporting the various PaaS portfolios. This is a unique, ground floor opportunity to work on cutting edge platforms in support of Oracle's growing Cloud Services. This position would require working in shifts and being on call.
• Operational ownership in the deployment, delivery and support of escalated issues.
• Collaborate with other operational teams during Service on-boarding, capacity expansion, as well as ensure adherence to production deployment standards.
• Automate deployment processes whenever possible.
• Handle customer escalations and provide Tier-2 support.
• 5+ years of experience supporting production environments on Unix platforms.
• Extensive knowledge of Docker, UNIX services & internals
• Expert level experience in the deployment and support of infrastructure and applications.
• Technical skills and knowledge that extends across Application / Server / Storage / Network technologies to troubleshoot and provide system level guidance/solutions
• Strong ability to solve operational problems, with ability to identify and automate common routines.
• Exposure to webserver concepts and technologies like Tomcat, networking concepts is highly desirable.
• Scripting knowledge in perl/shell/python etc
• Willingness to learn new technologies
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Prior experience as a Cloud Operations Engineer or DevOps Engineer.
• Certification(s) in a Linux administration in any distribution.
• Experience with automated service deployment tools
• Experience with automated configuration management tools (like Chef)
• A strong focus on business outcomes
• Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders