Title: Senior Accountant
Location: San Jose, CA
Duration: 2 Months of contract to begin with
- Perform the monthly and quarterly accounting close process
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and maintain proper back up and support
- Assist in preparation of the monthly fluctuation comments on general ledger accounts
- Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, and ad hoc reports
- Partner with various Client's business units and locations
- Assist in the Shared Service Center responsibilities for new acquisitions, integrations, and mergers
- Ensure compliance with existing controls
- Manage outsourcer resources (i.e. Genpact) as needed
- Evaluate work processes and service deliveries, make recommendations and implement changes for improved efficiencies
- Fulfill responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the Company values and behaviors
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Candidates for this position must have at least 5 years’ experience as a Senior Accountant. Candidate should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and the ability to prioritize their workload to ensure timely issue resolution. In addition, the individual should possess the following skills:
- Be detail-oriented, self-motivated, well-organized, reliable and flexible
- Possess strong communication skills and problem solving skills
- Pro-active problem solving skills
- Be a self-starter with fast learning skills and able to work with minimal supervision
- Be able to prioritize workload and perform well in a multi-task, changing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree (Major in accounting or finance)
- SOX experience preferred
- SAP experience is a PLUS
- Bachelors’ Degree or Equivalent (Major in accounting or finance)
- Responsibilities that the resource will be responsible for? – Close Tower accounting and any other general accounting tasks assigned by the GL manager.
- Can you describe the team culture in your department? – open culture, everyone has their specific tasks but we support each other.
- What are the three must have skills you are looking for? – strong Accountant, SAP experience a must, customer facing focus (working in Accounting Shared Services), strong excel skill
- What are the soft skills that you believe candidates must possess to be successful in this position? - Good communicator, ability to build good working relationships, organized, ability to prioritize, flexible.
Aditi Consulting LLC, an MBE Staffing and Consulting firm, have been recognized as Top Diversity Staffing firm 4 years in a row by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA). Aditi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. To know more about what our employees and consultants have to say about us, visit our Glassdoor and YouTube Page