Business Planning Coordinator
Location: San Mateo, CA 94404
- The IT Business Planning Coordinator will assist with maintaining the day to day financial health of SIE's Information Technology department.
- This individual will be responsible for maintaining the day-to-day budget, updating forecasts, reconciling actuals and adjusting budgets, as well as maintaining the associated reporting tools.
- This individual will be a member of the IT Business Office and will act as a liaison to SIE's technology vendors.
- Collect, process, and analyze financial spend within the IT department, while allocating costs to appropriate business units as necessary.
- Use a combination of Excel, Oracle and SAP reporting software to track costs, contracts, vendors and invoices.
- Track monthly actual spend, measure for variance against budget and adjust forecast accordingly.
- Create reports and presentations as needed to track and analyze various aspects of the department's spend.
- Work with the IT Business Office and technology vendors to review the purchases of goods and services.
- Work closely with various Finance departments to ensure new goods and services procured are properly accounted for, and are reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Work with the Program Management Office & Project Managers to track project spend.
- Assisting in minimizing, managing, and avoiding risks for project financials, software, hardware, and support services.
- Identify areas for improvement to internal processes within the department and cross-organizationally along with possible solutions.
- Strong analytical, planning, and communications skills. Will interact with multiple groups across SIE to ensure forecasted budget is aligned with actual spend and overall SIE goals.
- Experience with creating and maintaining multiple, detailed Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and effectively at a department level
- Ability to collaborate with 3rd party/vendors.
- Working knowledge of how financials are tracked at the enterprise level.
- Working knowledge of SDLC (software development lifecycle), ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) and Agile process preferred.
- Previous skills as project coordinator/manager.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent certification
- Above-average ability with Excel
- Understanding of financial concepts
- 2+ years working in Information Technology or technology related field
- Master's Degree preferred
- Experience with Oracle and SAP ERP
- Strong attention to detail and time management
Aditi Consulting LLC, an MBE Staffing and Consulting firm, have been recognized as Top Diversity Staffing firm 4 years in a row by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA). Aditi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. To know more about what our employees and consultants have to say about us, visit our Glassdoor and YouTube Page