Application Developer Lead- Front end web developer
As a Sr. Front End Web Developer for client you'll join a world-class team of talented developers to create highly trafficked web applications and engaging customer facing sites that drive this unique brand. You'll be responsible for the conceptualization, production and testing of front-end solutions that are semantically sound, usable, and attractive that account for speed, file size, readability and accessibility - using modern web standards and DOM scripting.
Additionally, you'll be familiar with accessibility standards such as Section 508. You will frequently work with Software Engineers to produce front-end templates for integration into a larger software application. While not your primary job function, it is recommended they have experience with at least one of the following development technologies: ASP.NET, PHP, Ruby, and Python (all MVC based); and have experience integrating with a prominent Content Management System: SiteCore, Drupal, WordPress, Expression Engine CMS, etc.
As with all of the technical staff, developers are comfortable working in a deadline-driven, technology-agnostic and design-focused environment. They are dedicated to producing high quality and elegant solutions that meet or exceed client requirements and expectations. They are professional, courteous, wildly creative, and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Coaches and mentors other less experienced team members.
- Performs cross training and facilitates information sharing among team members.
- Collaborates with team members to recommend new software development technologies and development processes.
- Designs, develops, implements, documents, and tests changes to an application subsystem.
- Codes, tests, debug, documents, and implements complex software applications.
- Creates more complex prototypes and ensures deliverables are high quality and meet user expectations.
- Supports system and integration testing activities.
- Initiates design reviews for new applications and adheres to software development standards.
- Participates in systems planning, scheduling and implementation.
- Collaborates with project team to keep projects on schedule by coordinating activities, monitoring project schedules, and costs.
- Participates in, leads and mentors others in requirements gathering and functional specification activities.
- May assist Functional Analysts in completing deliverables and translates business requirements and functional designs into technical designs. Assist with development of functional designs and resolving complex design issues.
- May act as senior technical expert to consult with and analyze the business needs.
- Resolves and helps mitigate production application issues and assists less experienced application developers as needed.
- Works with other business and technology teams to support resolution of end user inquiries.
- Contributes to the documentation of production support processes.
- Anticipates long-term support issues and plans for corrective actions.
- Working with application development leads, establishes, maintains and ensures compliance with standards for development, testing and documentation.
- Analyzing, diagnosing and proposing solutions to user problems (6 years)
- Providing support to various business applications (6 years)
- Working with process owners and identifying information technology solutions that enable business process improvement (4 years)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent proficiency in programming languages and design patterns.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, especially when dealing with bugs.
- Ability to quickly learn new application systems and technologies
- Knowledge of basic project management framework and methodology such as agile.
- Ability to accurately estimate design and development timelines for application components
- Experience implementing accessibility standards such as Section 508
- Experience developing responsively designed websites using media queries.
- Understands the principles of progressive enhancement and is able to apply these principles in the design and development stages of a project.
- Experience developing websites for and testing on mobile devices.
- Experience implementing web analytics technologies, i.e., Google Analytics, WebTrends, DoubleClick, etc.