Wireless Systems Test and Validation engineer
Duration: 12 Months Contract
Location: Menlo Park, CA
- Design and execute engineering validation test plan to test performance and reliability of a millimeter wave wireless mesh network.
- Determine millimeter wave RF characteristics and performance in real world network topology.
- Provide in depth network testing to validate performance of layers 1-3 of the wireless mesh network.
- Design test plan to encompass component level and end-to-end connectivity testing to ensure wireless mesh network meet the strict performance and reliability requirements of ISP.
- Comprehensive documentation of results and bugs discovered during engineering validation test plan.
- Work with SW and HW engineering teams to iterate on hardware and software designs.
- Work cross-functionally with local engineering, deployment/operations team, and OEM vendors to design, test, and debug validation test plan.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong experience in leading the design, validation, and certifying of wireless communications devices for deployments in large ISP networks.
- Strong experience in RF wireless communications design and validation. Experience should include working with wireless technologies including beamforming, MIMO, and extensively knowledge of the 802.11 PHY and MAC layers.
- Strong experience with physical layer of wireless networks, wireless telecom interfaces, implementation, and debugging.
- Experience working with RF system integration and analysis of RF propagation.
- Experience working with ISP for deployment of new hardware into their network in a first office application trial.
- Experience working investigating external and internal interference.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Solid understanding of working in Linux and Python.
- Experience working with 802.11AD and 60GHz is a plus.
Education: college required
Aditi Consulting LLC, an MBE Staffing and Consulting firm, have been recognized as Top Diversity Staffing firm 4 years in a row by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA). Aditi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. To know more about what our employees and consultants have to say about us, visit our Glassdoor and YouTube Page