Aditi Consulting LLC, an MBE Staffing and Consulting firm, have been recognized as Top Diversity Staffing firm 4 years in a row by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA). Aditi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. To know more about what our employees and consultants have to say about us, visit our Glassdoor and YouTube Page Glassdoor and YouTube
Job Title: Communications Specialist
Duration: 12 months
Location: Maple Grove, MN 55369
Summary: Engage in promoting or creating an intended public image for individuals, groups, or organizations.
May write or select material for release to various communications media.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience.
Two to four years communications experience required.
Skills and Competencies:
· Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
· Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods.
· Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
· Knowledge of computer software, such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, etc.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Respond to requests for information from the media or designate an appropriate spokesperson or information source.
· Study the objectives, promotional policies, or needs of organizations to develop public relations strategies that will influence public opinion or promote ideas, products, or services.
· Plan or direct development or communication of informational programs to maintain favourable public or stockholder perceptions of an organization’s accomplishments or agenda.
· Establish or maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community, consumer, employee, or public interest groups.
· Prepare or edit organizational publications for internal and external audiences, including employee newsletters and stockholders’ reports. Coach client representatives in effective communication with the public or with employees.
· Confer with production or support personnel to produce or coordinate production of advertisements or promotions.
· Confer with other managers to identify trends or key group interests or concerns or to provide advice on business decisions.
· Arrange public appearances, lectures, contests, or exhibits for clients to increase product or service awareness or to promote goodwill.
· May consult with advertising agencies or staff to arrange promotional campaigns in all types of media for products, organizations, or individuals.
Searching for Marketing/Communications Support, a role that would start off higher level/entry, but over time would develop with experience and understanding of the product, industry and how we create content to assist with sales and training.
Position would support a team of seasoned experts on formatting, updating, processing, cataloguing, and depending on skill set, even the design of some of the content.
Position’s Contributions to Work Group
· Support of the Marketing Communications Team with content (web, literature, presentations, videos, etc.)
· Continuous update/loading of content
· Load new .pdf, .ppt, press releases, sales grams, bid specs, etc., into corporate system (CMIC)
· Load new Images and.pdf to CAL
· Add Literature links on website
· Load files onto Cat Sales App
· Manage media number list
· Retire non-current media/content
· Notify management of the website that content is non-current
· Manage videos (YouTube, video at work) Design Related Support (Lower Level)
· Photo retouching
· Multi-media/content creation, PowerPoint design, page layout
· Design Reviews-participation level Design Related Support (Higher Level)
· Animations and Video Editing
· Tradeshow graphics
· Icons/Infographic Design
· Experienced in social media development
· Design Reviews-leadership level
· The team is effectively an 8am – 4pm (although a couple team members are early risers and get into the office well before 7pm and another often stays much later than 5pm).
· Day to day tasks would vary depending on the schedule of new products going to market, there are always big pending launches with focus on certain regions, languages and specific campaigns as necessary to meet sales goals/objectives.
· The team is very used to this sort of variation and would work with this resource/position to guide and build a plan to accomplish all tasks.
NOTE: urgent requests do come up, which requires shuffling of the current work, etc. There are always short-term, special case content creation requests.
· Required-lower level • Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) • Good communication skills • Advertising experience (exposure to…) Desired-higher level • Adobe Suite (Photoshop, In Design, Premier, etc.) • Final Cut-Pro
Soft Skills Required
· Comfortable in group settings –required • Able to express ideas – required • Able to ask questions - required • Self-starting, motivated, willing to learn (our team of veterans will support and coach, but we need the motivation to start with) – required • Photography skills - would be a plus
Apply for this job