User Experience Designer
UX / UI DESIGNER
You will envision and design best-in-class user experiences for the world’s largest online marketplace with over 100 million shoppers and 25+ million sellers. You will partner with cross-functional teams to address exciting new business opportunities using your design creativity and user-centered design principles. You will be part of a team that is reinventing marketplaces for buyers and sellers on a grand scale.
As a designer for our core product design group you can work on many projects and areas. An immediate need is for a UX Designer with strong visual skills to join our Selling Design Team. As a designer, your job is to be an ambassador to the user, creating design solutions that delight our customers by solving important problems end-to-end, and crafting an experience that balances the needs of the business, while delivering an intuitive and engaging product experience for our users.
This role is an opportunity to design innovative solutions that not only work for our users but exceed their expectations. This role is the key partner in helping define the Selling experience and interactions to unlock business potential and meet user needs.
• 3 + years of experience as a UX Designer; college grad can work too; any school with a design program.
• Drive the creative direction and execution of design projects from project goal definition to dev deliverable at a fidelity required to meet project needs.
• Inspire and collaborate with Product teams to rapidly produce inventive, thoughtful, relevant product experiences.
• Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based work environment, inspiring teams through participatory as well as directed exercises in the creation of design deliverables: Collaborative brainstorming, whiteboarding and creative solutioning.
• Contribute across all aspects of your team’s projects, focusing on innovation and quality to uncover and highlight new product opportunities.
• Experience designing across multiple platforms.
• Extensive knowledge of Sketch, Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Ability to create wireframes and lightweight functional prototypes.
• Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology.
• Experience working in agile, and working on dedicated scrum delivery teams.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• Strong project and people management skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
• Degree in interaction design, visual communication, graphic design or equivalent.
You will be working on consumer selling experiences, mostly across desktop and mWeb, in an agile environment.
Portfolio required for candidate consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
1 – Responsibilities that the resource will be responsible for?
• Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
• Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
• Execute all design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
• Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
• Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders.
• Proficient with industry standard design tools such as Sketch and prototyping tools.
2 – Can you describe the team culture in your department?
• We have an engaging and energetic design culture at eBay.
3 – What are the three must have skills you are looking for?
• Strong technical skillset w/ Sketch
• Experience in UI and interaction
• Self-motivated / proactive
4 - What are the soft skills that you believe candidates must possess to be successful in this position?
• Problem solving / design thinking
• Excellent communicator
5 – What is your interview process?
• Phone screening and then an onsite visit where the candidate should be prepared for a portfolio review highlighting two project examples.
Aditi Consulting LLC, an MBE Staffing and Consulting firm, have been recognized as Top Diversity Staffing firm 4 years in a row by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA). Aditi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. To know more about what our employees and consultants have to say about us, visit our Glassdoor and YouTube Page.