Duration: 6+ Months (Possibility of extension)
Location: Tempe, AZ
Sr. Systems Administrator with a VMware virtualization specialty in our Arizona office. The Ideal candidate will possess the ability to influence change within their department and others and identify, propose, and implement best practices. Working within a culturally and geographically diverse IT Operations Team the candidate will oversee the installation and ongoing maintenance of systems, software, and equipment in our datacenters and regional offices with stability and security being the highest priority. To improve efficiencies, scripting, automation, and real world experience expertise to solve complex problems is equally important.
This position requires senior/expert level System Administration skills to ensure infrastructure is deployed, maintained and configured quickly and efficiently while still adhering to our core infrastructure standards.
- Manage and maintain the enterprise VMware infrastructure as the primary subject matter expert
- Subject matter expertise on virtual management toolsets
- Strong storage and server experience
- Respond to system issues
- Assist in facilitating datacenter activities such as system upgrades and hardware provisioning.
- Responsible for ensuring that hardware located in our datacenters and remote offices is working at all times. This includes identifying, creating and implementing solutions when issues arise.
- Provides production support to the information services group on software applications
- Provide support, and implementation of security policies, compliance, and best practices.
- Train other technology staff members on system upgrades and rollouts.
- Prioritize workload and escalate any technical emergencies to the IT Manager.
- Identify, solve or escalate technical problems identified by clients or internal staff related to business.
- On-call rotation with the group
- Fluent English and high oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with architectural definition, specification, design, testing and hands on solutions of innovative solutions to solving our Business needs.
- Leadership roles within the IT organization
- Ability to act independently to drive IT goals and changes
- Strong commitment to technical excellence and teamwork
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Be able to judge priorities and adjust their work accordingly
- 5+ Years’ experience as a member of an VMware SME
- Advanced troubleshooting methodology
- Hands on experience in debugging and fixing production related problems that are escalated
- Standard proficiency in Interpersonal skills and Organization Strategy
- Above Standard proficiency in Leadership, Communications, Motivation, Administration and Organization Knowledge
- Significantly Above Standard proficiency in Thinking
- Experience in deploy/implementation of VIEW/Horizon environments
- Expert experience with VMWare virtualization technologies including vSphere, vCenter management suite.
- Experience in Cloud Technologies – Private, Public, Hybrid, IaaS+, PaaS, SaaS
- Must have experience managing large enterprise VMware infrastructure with 1000+ VMs and 50+ ESXi hosts in a highly available environment.
- Advance knowledge of Virtualization best practices for Windows Os, Linux OS, Oracle DB and SQL DB.
- Familiar with SRM, vROps, VCAC and vCloud technologies.
- Experience with Citrix virtualization technologies including XenApp, XenDesktop, XenServer, and Provisioning Server Citrix CCA
- Working experience with Cisco UCS hardware Server technology.
- Basis understanding of SAN infrastructure emphasis in HDS storage.
- Basic understanding of Networks (VLAN, subnetting, routing and switching) (CCNA or equivalent experience).
- Strong hold on any database technology.
- Project Management experience.
- Willing to work under different technologies and take up new technology responsibilities outside the core skills.
- Skillful in working with various teams and advising projects on technology decisions in the capacity of a Tech Lead
- Capable of working under very dynamic environment and good presentation skills