Software Engineer - Senior (CPE)
Location: San Mateo, CA
The contract Developer Support Technical Author is a developer support engineering role with a focus on authoring and editing technical communications. This effort will support software developers within and outside the company.
Create technical communications for a developer audience by:
- Authoring written material from scratch working with other developer support engineers.
- Editing written material authored by other developer support engineers.
- Verifying the technical accuracy existing written materials, working closely with subject matter experts as appropriate.
- Adjusting the above efforts appropriately according to project goals and schedule constraints.
- Curate new and existing technical content by:
- Working with the Technical Communications team to classify technical material appropriately, following consistent editorial standards.
- Organizing and prioritizing content to meet audience needs.
- Drawing audience attention to especially useful information that might otherwise be hidden.
- Identifying and creating links across technical content to improve information access.
Work with Developer Support engineers to create communications such as weekly bulletins, notifications, blurbs and surveys, disseminated via various media such as our developer portal, email, and forums
- Experienced with common developer-support workflows and practices.
- Highly skilled in written communication of technical information.
- Skilled in organization, research, and time management.
- Thoroughly comfortable with computer programming languages and methodologies.
- Able to read C and C++ code snippets and clearly explain their operation.
- Able to write C and C++ sample programs.
- Able to understand and follow technical discussions and materials.
- Familiarity with (or aptitude for) one or more relevant technologies, such as low-level hardware architecture, GPUs and graphics, networks, web APIs, client/server architecture etc.
- Familiar with content management and version control systems.
- PLANNING/IMPLEMENTATION: Skilled and experienced with project schedule estimation and planning.
- At least 5 years' experience in developer support roles.
- Awareness of the processes and teams involved in developing console applications, and the technological knowledge of each.
- Experience writing technical customer surveys using tools such as Qualtrics.
- Knowledgeable about one or more game-development domains, such as graphics, audio, or hardware.
- Experience of game-development tools and middleware.
- Experience of game/application development for consoles.
Bachelor’s Degree required
Aditi Consulting LLC, an MBE Staffing and Consulting firm, have been recognized as Top Diversity Staffing firm 4 years in a row by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA). Aditi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. To know more about what our employees and consultants have to say about us, visit our Glassdoor and YouTube Page