Senior Principal Software Engineer
Job Reference: 20-04708
Type: ACCOUNTABILITIES: Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents software according to ***s systems quality standards, policies and procedures. Analyzes business needs and creates software solutions. Responsible for preparing design documentation. Prepares test data for unit, string and parallel testing. Evaluates and recommends software and hardware solutions to meet user needs. Resolves customer issues with software solutions and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. Works with business and development teams to clarify requirements to ensure testability. Drafts, revises, and maintains test plans, test cases, and automated test scripts. Executes test procedures according to software requirements specifications Logs defects and makes recommendations to address defects. Retests software corrections to ensure problems are resolved. Documents evolution of testing procedures for future replication. May conduct performance and scalability testing. RESPONSIBILITIES: Plans, conducts and manages assignments generally involving large, high budgets (cross- functional) projects or more than one project. Assists in creating the strategic technical and architectural direction to the programming function. Serves as point of contact between IT and key business users senior leadership in defining IT solution based on business needs. Drives changes in architecture, methodology or programming procedures. Performs estimation efforts on the most complex projects and tracks progress. Obtains detailed specification from business users and development to ascertain specific output information requirements. Prepares detailed plans for managing cross-testing team dependencies. Serves as the testing consultant to leader in the IT organization and functional user groups. Mentors team members on all aspects of testing concepts.
Job Reference: 20-04673
Type: Activities include coordinating the delivery of multiple projects, developing cost benefit analyses for the program, communicating to an executive committee, creating and reporting program status utilizing a dashboard, allocating resources across the multiple projects, defining project governance policies and managing the financial concerns of the program. Must be able to utilize and effectively communicate technical components of an initiative to applicable parties.
About 4-5 years of technology project management experience.
Must be knowledgeable in: Data management, JIRA, Google Docs, spreadsheets.
Nice to have skills in Hadoop
Extension possible, dependent upon budget and performance
Bill Rate is Flexible for the right person
Remote is considered a possibility for the right person.
Job Reference: 20-04403
Type: Top 3 skills:
- 4+ years of Systems administration (Centos 7 OS + Dell Hardware)
- Executing ansible playbooks
- Source control (Git)
**Please note that *** requires a *** per hour minimum wage for all contractors.
- You have at least 2 years of relevant experience at ***, or 4 years of relevant experience elsewhere.
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator Minimum of 3 years of hands on experience with Linux
- Ability to build a server from bare metal to functional based on business requirements - Exposure to a scripting language (Python, Perl, Bash, Ansible)
- Familiar with code source control tools (Git, SVN)
- Ability to quickly diagnose problems in the Linux OS based on common tools (log files, application errors)
- You are a solid, productive member of the team.
- You have a good understanding of the immediate systems surrounding your area. - You are responsible for the maintenance, support and capacity management of production services within your technical domain.
- You have the knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures of systems administration and engineering, and can resolve a variety of basic to moderately complex issues, leveraging more critical thinking.
- You are generally proficient with tools, systems and processes required to accomplish your job.
- You may have experience in various areas of technology, and you work on problems of moderate scope.
- You are able to work effectively in a ticket based work stream. You may receive detailed instructions on new projects or unfamiliar areas.
- You contribute to functional and technical specifications, but someone more senior is usually the lead engineer.
- You deliver on project milestone commitments and deadlines that are often set by your managers and senior members of the team.
- You actively participate as a team discussions and express your ideas openly.
- You build productive relationships with peers both internal and external to Technology.
- You are vigilant about operational and procedural enhancement opportunities to maximize the efficiency of your team, leveraging automation and integrations.
- A highly experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; Has wide-ranging experiences, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
Job Reference: 19-13311
Type: Description/Comment:Summary: The main function of a systems administrator is to install, configure, and support an organizations local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN) and Internet system or a segment of a network system. A typical systems administrator is responsible for monitoring network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. Job Responsibilities: Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations. Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations. Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary. Configure, monitor and maintain email applications or virus protection software. Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use. Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware. Skills: Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and manage ones time. Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback. Ability to identify, interpret and evaluate system and network requirements. Knowledge of computer hardware and software as it related to LAN/WAN. Education/Experience: Associate's degree in computer related field required. Bachelor's degree in computer science preferred. 5-7 years experience required.