- The Contracts Specialist will prepare and negotiate various commercial -contracts and sourcing activities for our Strategic Sourcing team.
- This position is located in Menlo Park, CA and will support the Strategic Sourcing Manager for the Engineering and Research categories.
- This position requires extensive knowledge and experience with commercial contracts and complex contractual language.
- The Contracts Specialist must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with frequent tight deadlines under minimal supervision and must also be comfortable working collaboratively, efficiently and effectively with both internal clients and external vendors.
- Prepare, redline, negotiate and manage commercial contracts including software licenses, services agreements, statements of work, amendments and related documents.
- Responsible for entering team contracts into Client’s contract management tools.
- Engage in frequent verbal and written communications with Client and vendor’s legal teams.
- Negotiate and support sourcing projects including preparing RFx’s, managing competitive bids, obtaining quotes, examining and analyzing bids and proposals, etc.
- Ensure business activities and contracts comply with internal policies and guidelines, and industry laws and regulation.
- Specific project work will vary including various sourcing and source-to-pay activities.
- At least 4 years of contract drafting and negotiation experience in the high-tech industry including software licensing and professional services.
- Highly motivated and able to think clearly under pressure.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to flourish in an environment of fast growth and ambiguity.
- Ability to balance legal/contractual issues with business risk.
- Disciplined, organized, and flexible.
- Adept in working with various tools including MS Office, Oracle, and contract management tools.
- Able to prioritize, be highly productive and manage high volumes.