Title : Lab Technician (HVAC)
Duration: 12+ Months Contract with possible extension
Location: Tyler, TX 75707
· HVAC experience (1-3 years), Electrical troubleshooting experience is a plus
· Assoc. Degree in engineering technology highly preferred (HVAC, electrical and/or mechanical technology.) or 1 year of technical school, trade school (HVAC) and 1-3 years minimum equivalent field experience servicing/installing air-conditioning equipment> experience will outweigh lack of the education
- Working closely with the engineering teams, running various tests, logging information. Must be proficient with MS Office Suite
- In a lab setting, working with 10 technicians on each team. 6 gas engineers, work with all of them but work very close with the 1 assigned to their test stand.
- Test gas furnaces support gas engineering team, multiple tests that are run, development, quality, meet ANSI standards
- Set up and perform a wide variety of complex laboratory tests requiring knowledge and application of the basic air-conditioning, heating, ventilation, acoustics, mechanics or electronics.
- Fully support all test lab activities, lab supervisor and test lab management (including test engineer)
- Work under direct supervision
- Communicate (written and oral) with the Test Lab Management, system/component requesting engineer and/or manager (the Test Lab Client)
- Attend all meetings as directed by the supervisor
- Help keep the test lab a safe and clean area
- Perform all duties in a safe and sane manner
- Prepare test samples for tests so that the necessary measurements can be made to the required accuracy, precision and tolerance.
- Be able to perform some tests on most HVAC types of product or component on any laboratory facility after a reasonable training period.
- Be able to troubleshoot, with help if necessary, any Unit Under Test (UUT) and/or facility problems using digital volt meters, various gauges and manometers.
- Must have good brazing/soldering skills, electrical wiring, computer and troubleshooting skills of air-conditioning and electrical controls to perform HVAC test setups.
- Understand test methods, computer aided data acquisition & test operation and provide accurate data records.
- Follow good safety practices and contribute to the cleanliness and neatness as necessitated in a laboratory atmosphere
- Must be team oriented so as to contribute to the overall effort of the laboratory to supply product to the end customer in a professional manner.
- Drive continuous laboratory improvements by participating in team projects.
- Support product program testing
- Communicate project status and/or problems to management, laboratory engineer, requesting engineers and other laboratory technicians.
- Keep tools, equipment, instrumentation and transducers in good working order and properly calibrated at all times.