- Develop tools in a variety of environments, including server side APIs, client side front-ends, and command line tools
- Work with project partners to understand requirements and help coordinate development strategy
- Provide software engineering knowledge and mentorship to less experienced developers
- Conduct code reviews with less experienced developers
- Experience writing tested, reusable, readable, object-oriented code
- Familiarity with IPA, linguistic variation, and principles of phonology.
- Excitement for starting new projects from the ground
- Industry experience delivering products to users
- Proficiency in React
- Working experience in computational linguistics/corpora linguistics/statistical methods such as joint sequence models.
- Experience building relationships with users
- Experience in various areas of linguistics, especially phonology, phonetics, dialectology, computational linguistics, sociolinguistics, and field work
- Experience/proficiency with transcription systems (such as SAMPA, IPA) - Required
- Collaborative and solution oriented attitude
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and adapt to a changing environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills