Location:FL - Plantation
- Collaborate with the systems team to design and conduct experiments on prototypes and sub-systems and analyze data.
- Collaborate with the systems team to design and develop experimental systems (hardware and software) that exercise and test the functionality of complex electro-magnetic-optical-sensing devices with complex human interfaces.
- Hands-on interdisciplinary rapid prototyping of embedded electrical, magnetic, optical, mechanical, sensor, control systems, and high-fidelity proof-of-concept test beds.
- Participate in the designing, building, and maintenance of experimental setups and factory prototype stations.
- Strong background in complex electromechanical systems.
- Strong background in software and automation prototyping.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Experience with Python and Matlab for simulation and data analysis.
- Self-directed, energetic, proactive, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to rapidly learn new computer languages, systems, and concepts.
- Qualifications (Nice to have)
- Experience with mechanical and electrical CAD design software.
- Experience with robotics and control systems.
- Familiarity with analog electronics and soldering irons.
- Experience with mechanical rapid prototyping (3d printer/laser cutter and other rapid prototyping techniques).
- Familiarity with electronic rapid prototyping and programming (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc.) and embedded programming languages.
- Familiarity with passive and opto-electronic devices such as diode lasers, LEDs, LCD, and display technologies is a plus.
- B.S in Physics or Engineering plus 2 years of working experience or similar combination of education and industry experience.