- At least 5 years relevant experience required.
- Previous experience in an Client-UX or Sun Solaris Oracle environment High degree of skill with database commands and utilities such as exp, imp, sql loader, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of database administration tasks such as hot and cold backups, database recovery, tablespace additions, security, etc.
- Advanced installation and configuration experience.
- Strong knowledge of SQL*Net Ability to write, debug and tune sql and pl/sql, packages, procedures, functions, triggers, etc.
- Experience with database monitoring and tuning tools such as EM, Dbtuner, Spotlight Solid experience with the Unix operating system and command set as well as competence with shell scripting
- Thorough knowledge of physical and logical disk systems and their impact on database performance
- Experience with server and database clustering techniques and the performance impacts thereof
- 6-8 years in an Client-UX or Sun Solaris environment,
- 6-8 years as a database administrator working with Oracle
- Experience in a large, 24x7 environment Experience with multi-terabyte databases A four year degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience