- The position reports to Regional Development, with direct interface with the Telecommunication UMTS Project Manager.
- There is cross-functional interface with Telecommunication UMTS RF and Operations staff and with the Telecommunication new site build deployment team.
- In addition, the position provides strategic input and oversight to the UMTS site modification deployment process, including interface with the designated turn-key vendor and its vendors.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Project Manager provides oversight for the following activities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist and monitor the vendor in implementation and successful completion of existing site survey and file audit activities.
- The purpose of those activities is to determine existing leasing and entitlement rights/obligations and site-specific equipment configurations and infrastructure (electric/telco) Communicate Telecommunication's position on lease/permit language interpretation to promote correct and consistent existing site lease/permit analysis by vendor.
- Perform (or assist) in survey/audit validation (QA) activities, and report findings - Interface between vendor and Telecommunication UMTS RF to assist in RFs timely completion of site-specific UMTS equipment design configurations that are achievable within Telecommunication deployment guidelines.
- Review vendors UMTS equipment configuration options with objective of assisting RF, vendor, etc in agreeing on best design to meet UMTS performance, financial and deployment feasibility and timeline targets
- Provide strategic input, oversight and validation of vendors scoping of site-specific leasing and/or permitting activities deemed appropriate to implement the proposed RF UMTS equipment configuration.
- Instruct vendor on Telecommunication guidelines for acceptable UMTS leasing and permitting activities and deliverables Point of contact for vendors escalation of lease and permit issues outside of guidelines Strategize with vendor on Market-specific plans for vendors successful completion of scoped leasing and/or permitting activities with site landlords and jurisdictions.
- Monitor vendor deployment production plan and schedule. Identify schedule deviations or challenges and work with team to correct production problems Understand and monitor various program reporting tools. Suggest enhancements when appropriate.
- Coordinate appropriate stakeholders- vendor, Region, Market deployment, etc to address specific UMTS deployment plan challenges
- Point of contact between UMTS deployment team and activities and Markets new site (2G) deployment team/activities.
- Ensure UMTS deployment does not interfere with 2G new site deployment objectives Identify opportunities for shared deployment (UMTS and new 2G sites) activities - Other activities that may be required.
- Scope of Leadership Responsibilities: Manages Project delivery with Regional, Market & Field Services Center Engineering teams. Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities. Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests;