Atlassian DevOps Engineer
Nice to have:
- Participate in ongoing monthly jira and confluence maintenance
- Troubleshoot and document service interruptions as necessary
- Research Add-ons, Plugins and recommending latest add-ons and Plugins to Atlassian administration team
- Plan and execute major JIRA upgrades as needed
- Install, maintain, upgrade and troubleshoot enterprise Windows and Linux systems running Atlassian suite products including JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo and Bitbucket.
- Systems, network and database performance tuning specifically around the Atlassian suite.
- Integrate JIRA with other TMO application to create and update issues and 3rd party tools.
- Test new versions of Atlassian tools and plug-ins to ensure compatibility.
- Ensure the reliability and security of the Atlassian suite, environment, third-party products, and associated infrastructural components.
- Manage and update Software licenses and SSL certificates.
- Provide off-hours coverage and support for maintenance during outage windows.
- Collaborate with DevOps and infrastructure teams to create automation solutions.
- Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions to address barriers, enabling forward movement in the application lifecycle.
- Core IP Network Service Delivery Team regarding data centers, GTMs, LTMs, firewalls, whitelisting and proxies
- VMWare based VM infrastructure
- Knowledge of web server technologies (Apache, NGINX) and application servers (Tomcat)
- Database Administration SQL database team (SQL Server)
- various Infrastructure technologies (backups, virtualization, Windows, UNIX/Linux)
- Ordering VMs and shared storage (Client, NFS)
- Windows AD LDAP
- extensive troubleshooting skills and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) determination Windows Server administration
- Linux administration
- Java-based application management and tuning i.e. Java Heap, Garbage Collection, etc.
- Agile methodologies
- aptitude to generate systems architecture, capacity planning (compute, network, storage) and produce road maps
- Atlassian Administration (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket, Crucible, Crowd)
- Atlassian Data Center "cluster based applications
- end-user experience with (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket, Crucible)
- Disaster Recovery and Geo-redundant technologies
- available as necessary for out-of-hours maintenance support
- Advise on best practices to optimize & scale client support
- Triage issues by conducting detailed root cause analysis
- Work with internal staff to deliver software to production
- Enhance and develop infrastructure/configuration management for environment deployment and security maintenance to support software delivery
- Excellent Communications
- Experience working with Atlassian JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo and Confluence
- 5+ years of Systems Administration / DevOps Programming languages such as Java
- Demonstrate DevOps methodologies (CI / CD)
- Scripting Languages (Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Configuration Management (Puppet, Chef, & Ansible)
- Experience building automated functional tests
- Experience in a 24 x 7 SaaS production environment preferred
Nice to have:
- In-depth experience with AWS or any cloud environment
- Experience with Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience Performance tuning applications
- Experience or interest in AI, NLP, or Machine Learning