The ideal candidate will:
- Platform Services Development team is looking for a seasoned full-stack engineer to build web-based applications on RESTful Web Service platforms and distributed systems. If you're an applications engineer, and you have the skills to create modern RESTful web applications that are backed by scalable backend systems, then our team is looking for you.
- This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an innovative team designing robust and scalable solutions utilizing cutting-edge technologies and platforms. You should bring deep technical and software expertise, the ability to work in a fast moving, startup environment, the ability to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact and the ability to create software that achieves its operational goals.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be clearly passionate about Java/J2EE Web Development and Web Services, as well as about learning Telecom industry technologies, standards, protocols and best practices.
- Have a demonstrable track record of success delivering new features or products in web service-based architectures
- Care about the quality of their code and delight end-users with top-notch user experience
- Have strong OO design and implementation experience with deep knowledge of the use of web services and front-end development. Demonstrate strong ownership of their work.
- This role relies on your abilities to design systems from scratch, as well as enhancing and maintaining existing applications and systems, including development, testing and launching of the user interface-based applications and stand-alone service-oriented and batch processing systems for Telecommunication's internal and external customers.
- The ideal candidate enjoys working on complex software problems, possesses analytical, design and problem-solving skills and is experienced in building and operating front-end systems. Your responsibilities will include collaborating with other engineers to build high quality systems and applications, mentor team members and work with senior leaders to define your team's road map.
- Design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of innovative software solutions to transform service security, durability, availability, performance and cost.
- Using software engineering best practices to ensure the standard of quality of all team deliverables
- Effectively estimating time to implement design
- Consistently making systems simpler
- Solving big problems with a lot of ambiguity
- Candidates must have a strong Computer Science background (a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science is a must)
- 5+ years of industry experience
- 3+ years of hands-on Java/J2EE experience
- 3+ years of hands-on SOAP and/or RESTful Web Service development experience
- Experience translating design mockups and prototypes into working application designs and code
- Prior experience with Java-based Spring Frameworks, including Spring MVC and Spring Security
- A deep understanding of software engineering practices, OOD, design patterns and algorithms
- Have developed or supported an operationally critical web service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Experience driving design and implementation of web-based user interfaces using technologies such as AngularJS/2-5, JQuery/Bootstrap or React
- Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving innovative technical solutions
- Experience with UI design principles