Location:CO - Denver
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions
• Identifies and evaluates emerging trends in health insurance and health care.
• Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advise to drive projects forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; listening and responding to, seeking and addressing performance feedback; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring junior team members; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
• Conducts or oversees business-specific projects by applying deep expertise in subject area; promoting adherence to all procedures and policies; developing work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; determining and carrying out processes and methodologies; coordinating and delegating resources to accomplish organizational goals; partnering internally and externally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating issues or risks as appropriate; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and evaluating recommendations made by others.
• Interprets complex data analyses by applying findings to contextual settings; and developing insights, reports, and presentations telling a compelling story to stakeholders to enable and influence decision making; participating in peer reviews; and providing context related data interpretations and/or limitations as appropriate.
• Leads the development of advanced analytical and/or statistical models enabling informed business decisions by determining data and analytical requirements; translating models and gaining stakeholder buy-in for implementation; creating complex models leading to actionable insights; and testing, refining and validating models.
• Drives the execution of creative data analytic approaches leading to actionable outcomes across functional areas, business and/or clinical lines by defining and calculating complex metrics to be analyzed; defining, calculating, and validating algorithms; and conducting complex analyses, including descriptive, correlational, inferential, and/or predictive statistics.
• Prepares data for analytic efforts by integrating and consolidating data; ensuring data quality and accuracy; profiling data inaccuracies and recommending process improvements or system changes to enhance overall quality of the data; collaborating with stakeholders and source system owners to resolve data quality issues as appropriate; and cleaning and creating final data set(s) for analysis.
• Gathers data and information on targeted variables in an established systematic fashion by validating data sources; querying, merging, and extracting data across internal and external sources; completing routine data refresh and update; developing and/or delivering complex tools for electronic data collection; and providing user training, support and documentation.
• Drives strategic data-informed decisions by consulting with clients and leadership to identify and clarify key business needs across functional areas, business and/or clinical lines; developing outcomes and process measures; translating business requirements, determining data/information needs and data collection methods; developing complex analysis plans; evaluating the impact of business decisions on clients, customers, and/or members; partnering with clients and staff to identify opportunities and methods to improve efficiencies with analysis; supporting and training end-users; and documenting processes and deliverables.
• Master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, social/physical/life science, business, or related field
• Minimum eight (8) to ten (10) years’ experience in data analytics required
• Six (6) years health insurance experience
• Certification in one of the following preferred: Oracle Business intelligence (OBI), EMC Data Science Associate (EMCDSA), Certified Authorization Professional (CAP), or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)