Storage Backup Testing Verification of older media, and converting tapes into newer formats. Learning process methodologies for how backups are done. Ensuring data is kept safe while transitioning to new library application. Copying backups to both physical newer media, cloud destinations, and ensuring the library is up to date.
Vendor Interactions Work with our vendor to pull data back from a secure location. Accurately document all pieces of data that are in progress and ensure we maintain an accurate inventory of our media between ourselves and the vendors. Perform and secure destruction of legacy media when appropriate with vendors.
Continual Service and Process Improvement Provide 1st level problem management and resolution for backup errors across both hardware and software. Ability to understand the challenges of working with legacy technologies. Work with current staff to understand new workflows due to cloud-based technologies, and implement agreed upon workflows from senior storage staff.
Personal Leadership See tasks through to completion unsupervised, break down large tasks into smaller pieces, and work through a large volume of data on one's own. Ensure transparency in the process as it goes along so that other members can validate and check important studio data when necessary.
- 2+ years IT support experience in a technical capacity.
- Ability to successfully deliver parallel requests simultaneously and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to work as a part of a team, taking direction from other staff members.
- Experience working with large IT environments.
- A degree from a four-year college (i.e., BA, BS) or equivalent.
- Understanding of backup software, specifically EMC Networker, or Atempo ADA software a plus.