Location:CA - Los Angeles
- Provides project management expertise for highly complex creative projects, focusing on UX Design
- Collaborate with UX Design team members and other multiple cross-functional partners to identify, communicate, and lead.
- Clearly identify, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, tasks, and timelines.
- All project dependencies, as well as program dependencies
- Update UX Design leadership on design project status
- Report on regular reviews of achievements and project goals and identify risks across UX Design programs
- Work closely with Copywriting, Design, Research, Product, and Engineering teams to ensure each department receives the data needed to make informed decisions specific to their disciplines.
- Working with UX Design Leads to define and breakdown work, project scope, and critical path to assist in facilitating design planning and prioritization.
- Exhibits leadership skills by advocating best practices, anticipating future problems and issues, and seeks to improve processes and tools for the UX Design team to cultivate a fun, positive and solution-focused team culture.
- Provides detailed and timely communication on developing issues to relevant partners.
- Identifies resource gaps and communicates recommendations to UX Design Leadership
- Drive clear communication, and support healthy collaboration between all groups involved with design initiatives.
- Stay aligned with the UX Design vision, strategy & roadmap to support the successful implementation of cross platform initiatives.
- Partner on methods and metrics for tracking & improving performance coupled with making decisions within Design organization, and the extended Program Management Operations organization.
- Surfacing UX Design requests via Jira tickets/tracking, Confluence pages. and CMS tools. Includes board maintenance (sprint updates, backlog housecleaning, etc.)
- Coordinating with overall UX Design process exec review
- Work with PMO organization to set up kick-offs, track late requests, and surface gaps
- Liaise with Product Management, Design Systems and UI Guidelines teams on timing for strategy documents, share-outs and approvals
- Point-person for travel agendas, workshop schedule, booking rooms, and events for SF/Tokyo/London UX Design team members
- A go-getter with a strong understanding of user-centered design practices and creative project life cycle
- Agency background: preferably working in a dynamic environment on multiple/disparate projects
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to make timely decisions
- Ability to handle routine and complicated problems effectively and independently
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Previous experience utilizing agile methodologies and principles
- Proficiency with agile development tools
- Deep understanding of programming languages, software development, and release processes
- Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- At least 2 years working in the technology and games industries